Sunday, April 22, 2012

SARRC Annual Breakfast.

I was so excited to get an email from Amy Hummell (Director of Autism Speaks) asking if I would join them at the SARRC Annual Breakfast (SARRC-Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center) as a guest at the Autism Speaks Table. I was so excited to go and see what SARRC has in store for this year and hear about their progress the previous years. SARRC is INCREDIBLE to say the least. They offer something that no where else in the world offers for Autism. Their research is Amazing and the resources they have for children and ADULTS with Autism is incomparable to anywhere else! I am sooooo excited to get Recker into their JumpStart Program! I know that it will help him more than anything he's had so far, and anything the that i could give him alone. The breakfast is the largest even that the Biltmore hosts each year, and I can see why, there were 2500 people in attendance and majority of them were PAYING to be there! I was so honored and grateful to have been invited as a guest! It was an amazing event and not many dry eyes in the room. The entire time i had a knot in my throat, the kind that doesn't go away. I was doing everything i could to keep from losing it, I know it has been almost a year since he was diagnosed but it is still SOOOO fresh in my mind and especially heart. That day runs through my memory like it was yesterday, the feeling of loss and despair is still with us, somedays we forget, but for the most part it is still there, so fresh. The stories and videos of the children that SARRC has helped and affected were so touching and i can only pray that one day we can get Recker into their school.


No comments:

Post a Comment