Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Anchor Mindy Gledhill


I love this album and have listened to this song so many times but it never really hit me until a few months ago when i was really listening to the words, how much it relates to Autism. Maybe its just me, but those words are what i picture my son and millions of other children who suffer from ASD would tell their Moms or caregiver if they were able to. This song gets me every time. 

Anchor

Mindy Gledhill
© 2010 Blue Morph Music (BMI)

When all the world is spinning round
Like a red balloon way up in the clouds
And my feet will not stay on the ground
You anchor me back down

I am nearly world renowned 
As a restless soul who always skips town
But I look for you to come around
And anchor me back down

There are those who think that Im strange
They would box me up and tell me to change
But you hold me close and softly say
That you wouldn't have me any other way

When people pin me as a clown
You behave as though Im wearing a crown
When Im lost I feel so very found
When you anchor me back down


Chorus
When all the world is spinning round
Like a red balloon way up in the clouds
And my feet will not stay on the ground
You anchor me back down



No comments:

Post a Comment